The Tizard Centre within the Division for Law, Society and Social Justice is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, for a full time maternity cover position (to 30th September 2022).
The main responsibility of the successful candidate will be to contribute to teaching and scholarship in intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Knowledge and understanding about IDD and the criminal justice system and/or mental health would be a welcome addition but not essential to the post.
As a Lecturer in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities you will:
- Work with colleagues to offer distinctive and innovative programmes of study that combine academic excellence with practical and professional relevance
- Contribute to the Centre’s consultancy work
- Contribute to the postgraduate programmes provided by the Tizard Centre, including teaching and associated administrative activities and examining
- Manage, design, and implement programmes of advice, training and consultancy to service agencies as part of the Centre’s work programme
To be successful in this role you will have:
- MA/MSc in a relevant discipline (e.g., Psychology, Autism Studies, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Mental Health)
- Teaching at university level (UG or PG)
- Experience of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or Autistic people and their carers, and knowledge of the characteristics of high-quality health and social care services.
Full details can be found at: LSSJ-031-21-R Lecturer in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities - Jobs at the University of Kent