PELICAN - Promoting Emotional Literacy In Children with Additional Needs.

The Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities is delighted to launch

PELICAN - Promoting Emotional Literacy In Children with Additional Needs.

PELICAN is a set of free, web-based materials for children and young people with complex learning needs and/or learning disabilities and people who support them.

PELICAN helps staff, parents and carers to develop emotional literacy, wellbeing and resilience in children with learning disabilities and autism. It helps with emotional and behavioural difficulties they have. It can be used alongside other support.

PELICAN can be used in schools, other settings, communities and at home. It is based on over 10 years of action research including collaboration with children, young people and the adults that support them.

Peli and Tou introduce you to the PELICAN Framework through a simple visual story. Peli is scared to fly but Tou is on hand to help! So, Peli changes from Peli can’t … to Peli can!

Through the story and linked activities, you are guided through the Framework as you introduce:

· I CAN Feel

· I CAN Relax

· I CAN Think

· I CAN Do

If Peli can and Tou can, then you can!

To find out more about PELICAN and to access all of the PELICAN resources, go to:

For more information contact the Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities at: info@learningdisabilities.org.uk