Better health and care for all
This review is focused on National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) research into learning disability health and social care services conducted throughout the UK.
It features 23 recent studies with important findings for those who commission, deliver, work in and use these services.
This research may be of interest to people with learning disabilities, their family, professional carers and those delivering and planning specialist services, and universal services accessed by people with learning disabilities. It should also be useful for commissioners as well as frontline staff working in mainstream organisations.
The review is structured as follows:
- Understanding learning disability and services
- Identifying health risks
- Keeping well in the community
- Staying well and safe in hospital
- Services supporting positive behaviour
- Conducting research together
- Conclusions and future directions
You can download a PDF version here: