- Are you an early career learning disability nurse (between 1 and 3 years post reg)?
- Do you know or work with early career learning disability nurses?
This is a unique opportunity for learning disability nurses starting their leadership journey to become the facilitative leaders of the future; building capacity in organisations, raising the profile of learning disability nursing and becoming more effective advocates for people who use services. Based on the FoNS Creating Caring Cultures model, this programme systematically explores the role of leadership and facilitation in enabling person-centred cultures. It creates opportunities for reflection, discovery and learning, equipping participants with both skills and confidence. The inclusion of mentorship and coaching support at a local and regional/national level will further support participants to realise their leadership aspirations.
- Cohort 1 is already underway, cohort 2 will begin in April, cohort 3 in September, followed by cohort 4 in 2022.
If you are interested in this programme, we will be announcing the exact dates soon, but in the meantime, we suggest you start to complete the application form. Applicants need sign off from their Director of Nursing, or similar and line manager. In addition, they need to secure an internal mentor and talk to people who use services. All these things take time.
The programme (supported by the Burdett Trust for Nursing and NHSE/I) will support participants to begin their leadership journey.
- Open to RNLDs who are between 1-3 years post qualification at the start of the programme (working in any health or care setting - England only)
- Includes virtual workshops, follow-up facilitated active learning sessions, mentorship within the organisation, mentorship at a regional/national level (career planning) and a small bursary
Find out more here.