FONS - Inspire Improvement Fellowship - Applications close 4 November 2019

The FoNS Inspire Improvement Fellowship is a development programme for frontline clinical nurse leaders. It is a funded programme supported by the Burdett Trust for Nursing.

Applications are welcome from people from diverse backgrounds in any health or social care setting (UK wide).

Key features:

• Designed specifically for clinical nurse/midwife/health visitor leaders
  • The twelve-month programme starts January 2020
  • Compulsory attendance at three two-day workshops in March, June and Sept 2020 in the West Midlands
  • A bursary of up to £3000 to support you
  • Individual workplace visits and telephone support from the programme leader to support you

Closing date: 4th November 2019 (1pm)

The FoNS Inspire Improvement Fellowship is open to nurses from any sector of health and social car, the only proviso is that you are a team leader with both clinical and line manager responsibilities. See below.

You may also be interested in reading about teams and individuals that FoNS has supported in the past. Here are a couple of great examples:

You can download copies of our ‘Celebrate Me: Capturing the voices of learning disability nurses and people who use services’ report (both full and easy read) here .

We’ve got some thought-provoking blogs.

And of course, a lot of our work is based around the Creating Caring Cultures model, animation and free-to-access resources.

'The Inspire Improvement Fellowship programme has given me new confidence as a leader, allowed me the time and space to open out my mindset and approach things differently. This new approach has been well received by a team who are very senior and have been working in the NHS a long time. It has also created time and space for the team to lead change themselves, instead of the standard top-down approach.’

If you are a frontline clinical leader (nurse, midwife or health visitor) (any setting UK wide), you are eligible to apply for this unique fully-funded programme of development and support. You’ll need the support of your line manager and director of nursing (or equivalent).

The Inspire Improvement Fellowship is not a quality improvement programme. Though you probably have ideas for innovation in mind, the main thrust of this programme, especially in the early stages, is developing you, your skills and expertise. As you work with your team, ideas for changes in practice will evolve collaboratively, we believe this is the key to sustainability and staff ‘buy-in’.

Inspire Improvement is based on FoNS’ Creating Caring Cultures model, focussing on the culture of the workplace, rather than short term fixes. And we have feedback from our 2018 and 2019 cohorts to back this up – changes in practice, team working and improvements for staff and people who use services. It’s truly inspiring!

Read more and email jo.odell@fons.org to discuss your application.