Discussing romantic relationships, sex, sexuality and gender identity for people with learning disabilities and people who are carers for people with learning disabilities.

I am a trainee clinical psychologist at the University of East London and I am currently running a research study about discussing the topics of romantic relationships, sex, sexuality and gender identity for people with learning disabilities and people who are carers for people with learning disabilities.

I’m looking for participants who have a learning disability or people who care for people with a learning disability.

I have been approved by the University of East London Ethics Committee and have the go ahead to begin interviews.

I have attached a poster with more information on my study, as well as a YouTube video which provides the same information in hopefully a more accessible format: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux_IZ4VOlo4

If you are interested in taking part in the study or have any questions, please get in contact with me by email and I will organise a phone call to discuss or find a time to meet for the interview.

I am passionate about recruiting a diverse range of participants to best understand this often misunderstood or neglected area of life for people with learning disabilities. If you or anyone you share this with have questions for me or would like to talk with me before volunteering, I am always happy to do this!