Find out how anxiety may present in someone who is not able to tell us verbally how they feel and how to offer support.
Suitable for anyone involved in the care, support or education of children or adults with severe or profound intellectual disabilities, profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD), those on the autism spectrum, or with dementia, brain injury and who use ways other than words to communicate.
In the course we will explore:
• What is anxiety and fear
• Risk factors
• Signs and symptoms
• When to seek help
• Approaches and strategies for support
You will take away tools and strategies that:
• Can be used in home, education and adult services and settings
• Can be used to support children and adults
• Do not require cognitive and language skills and abilities
• Do not require any specialist equipment
The course includes:
• A 75 minute video recording
• A copy of the slides used in the recording as a downloadable pdf information booklet
• References and links to further sources of information and assessment tools
• A certificate of completion
Email email@example.com for group bookings or for a 50% discount for family members.
All proceeds go to running our not-for-profit organisation.